An occasional blog to accompany the business news on BBC Breakfast.

Monday, July 31, 2006

End thoughts

Declan:
You set up Ben & Jerry's in the 70s. You sold it six years ago. What do you do now?

Jerry:
I'm involved with activities with B&J that are concerned with the social and environmental impact of the company. I participate in the opening of partner-shops, I talk about fair trade initiatives, I talk about our climate change initiatives. I am also president of the Ben & Jerry Foundation (charity).

Declan:
Has there been a sea change in the business approach to environmental or social issues?

Jerry:
Initially Ben and I were referred to as hippy business people. Now we - and this way of doing business - are considered respectable.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can we get in touch with the credit ref agencies?
Ted

8:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home