An occasional blog to accompany the business news on BBC Breakfast.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Credit errors

Many of our viewers say they have discovered mistakes on their credit reports, and they've had trouble putting the record straight ...

Andy, North Yorks:
My local council got my address wrong on the electoral roll and now I can't get credit.

Helen, Dorking in Surrey:
I checked my credit record. I discovered 42 mistakes. Experian corrected some but not all of the mistakes - citing that they were going off the electoral roll and that I'd have to be responsible for taking up the matter with the council.

Steve, Staffs:
A catalogue posted a credit as a debit in error. It was still there 3 years later, despite using a solicitor.

Anon by text:
I have been refused several credit checks at university. It was initially because my name was incorrect.

Anon by text:
I was discharged from bankruptcy in 2004 but credit reference agencies still have the bankruptcy active.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home